One of my hidden talents is the ability to make delicious dark chocolate. In a matter of minutes, with no measuring whatsoever, I can whip up decadent, melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate. Last night I made a batch of my infamous dark chocolate hearts for the ladies in my book club program to enjoy during our meeting and they all asked I share the recipe. Since I normally don’t measure when I make them, I just estimate, this morning I made another batch, measuring ingredients this time, so you can replicate it exactly (you’re welcome! ;)).
Make a batch of these for this upcoming Easter Sunday or whenever you have guests over you want to impress! Just make sure to store the chocolate in the freezer or fridge. Since the base is coconut oil they will melt over the course of a couple hours when left out! Store in the freezer for 2-3 weeks and in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life 69% Cacao)
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- Coarse Sea Salt (optional, to sprinkle on top!)
- Melt Coconut Oil in a small pan over medium heat.
- Once melted, turn off the heat.
- Stir in the honey & dark chocolate chips.
- Stir in the Cacao Powder.
- Pour into chocolate molds or a pyrex baking dish.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt (optional!)
- Put in freezer to harden quickly or in the fridge to harden a bit slower (either works!)
- Store in fridge for 1-2 weeks or in freezer for 2-3 weeks (in a covered tupperware).